Monday, September 10, 2018

Help yo'self!

Can we be honest with each other for a minute?  I mean that scary kind of vulnerable honest.  When this time of year hits, I want to eat and sleep.  My bear spirit comes out and I want to eat and hibernate.  And eat.  And eat.  And eat.  I'm not talking about eating salads, veggies, and lean proteins either.  

Nope.  I'm talking about the fat kid carb whore that lives inside me.  I've battled that chubby little bitch 24/7/365 for my whole adult life!  My brain says, "Hey!  Look at this lovely roasted broccoli and yummy grilled chicken with sweet potatoes!  You should nomnom this stuff right up!"  Now, roasted broccoli and sweet potatoes are two of my favorite foods in this world.  Most of the time, I will quite happily stuff my face with copious amounts of said foods.  But the first cool snap occurs, and out comes Carby McCarbFace!  She is this awful creature that wants to exist on all things baked and baked food accessories.  A delicious, creamy chicken curry?  YES!  And bring on the naan!!  Rich, meaty chili?  ABSOLUTELY!  And seventeen rolls of saltine crackers and a half pound of cheese for good measure!  I know.  All things in moderation.  But this inner carb muncher knows zero moderation.  If one cinnamon roll is good, surely 6 would be better!  And can we get some extra frosting back here?  Carbs n sugar n carbs n sugar n carbs n sugar!

I know that carbs are NOT the enemy.  When I'm eating like I'm supposed to to make me feel good and fuel my work outs and daily life, I eat quite a few carbs.  I even include carbs during my workouts.  You need all of the macros to be healthy!  Cutting out carbs, proteins, or fats is not sustainable, and ultimately not healthy.  I know this.  But...I. Want. All. The. Carbs.  The bad ones.  Not the super seedy, earthy bread and the super food that is the sweet potato.  I want cookies and cinnamon rolls and trashy white bread and cakes and pies!  Please tell me I'm not alone!  

Every day, I'm faced with this struggle.  I want to be healthy and make good choices.  Honestly, I do!  But some days it is so freaking hard!  I manage a restaurant for a living.  A RESTAURANT I TELL YOU!!  And the food there is really, really tasty...and really, really not healthy!  We go through butter, cream, and potatoes like the rotation of the Earth depends on it!   

There has to be some sort of support group for cold weather eating disorder. (Yes, I just made that up!) If there isn't a group for this, does anyone want to start one?  Any of you out there trying to live that healthy life but your inner Carby McCarbFace mucking it all up?  Talk to me!  Lemme know before it gets much cooler outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment